The basic details about our programs.
Where . . . Basecamp locations vary for our programs not involving camp transportation (Watershed Warriors, StoryPlay, Nature Makers, Summer Beats, Dog Days) and are listed with the description of the program in our Summer Camp Catalog. Our mobile programs (Rock Five Level One, Rock Five Advanced, Rock Five Beyond, Ocean Explorers, Marin Treasure Hunt) meet at the Mill Valley Middle School Skate Park. We use new or like new fuel efficient mini and 12 passenger vans driven by licensed, responsible adults to access our locations.
One week prior to the program, parents receive a guide listing all of our locations, daily themes and necessary stuff to bring to camp.
Who . . . All of our camp guides have college or advanced degrees or are pursuing college degrees, are CPR and first aid certified, know how to use Epi-Pens, and have had background checks through Trustline or another background check process.
Green . . . A portion of our week is spent giving kids an opportunity to make a difference in his or her community by working on restoration projects that connect them with the place where they live. We are “zero landfill” and use recycled materials when possible. We source all of our supplies from responsible vendors.
Food . . . Participants are asked to bring a minimum of 20 oz. of water per day, snacks, and a waste-free lunch. A reusable lunch bag does the trick or just place reusable containers in the backpack, with reusable accessories and a cloth napkin. Brown bag lunches are available through our website.
All programs are peanut and nut-free.
Confirmation and Photos . . . After registration, you will receive an email confirmation providing more details about the session(s) you have registered for and containing login information to view our Flickr photo albums throughout the week. Photos can be downloaded for use in summer photo albums, etc.
Fees . . . Fees are as noted on the Registration page. Generous scholarships are available. Send us an email to inquire - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free . . . Extended care is available and free from 8:30-9 AM and 4-5 PM for Watershed Warriors and StoryPlay. Our camps for older kids have a rolling start from 8:30-9:00 AM and end times as noted.
Insurance and Permitting . . . Our programs are fully covered by liability insurance, and we have been permitted to use public land where permits are necessary. We are 100% accident free and have never made a claim against our policies in all of the years we have been operating.
Fine print . . . All enrollments are subject to the following Cancellation Policy and Waiver & Release:
Cancellation Policy Summer 2019
Summer program fees are not refundable for any reason at any time. While we may be able to switch weeks at no additional fee, cancellation of enrollment with refund is not possible for any reason. Please do not ask us to refund your enrollment fees, as we will not respond to your request, and we will interpret all requests for refund or cancellation as a cancellation and your child(ren) will be dropped from our roster. Of course, we will fully refund all fees paid toward any program that we cancel due to lack of enrollment and weather conditions. Decisions on whether we will hold a summer camp session due to lack of enrollment will be made and communicated by June 1st for June programs, July 1st for July programs and August 1st for August programs.
Waiver & Release
I, as a parent/legal guardian of the named child, in consideration of the services of Marin GreenPlay LLC, their agents, owners, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (herein after collectively referred to as “GreenPlay”) hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge GreenPlay, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that participation in, hiking, water wading, nature exploration, and other outdoor activities entail known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to my child, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activities. At any time, your child is free to withdraw from participation in activities (as listed above) and their potential for: drowning, slips and falls and falling; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards. During an activity there may be contact with plants, animals or insects that could create hazards such as stings, allergies, and associated diseases. Furthermore, GreenPlay employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a child's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions.
2. I expressly agree and promise to inform my child of the risks existing in GreenPlay programs. My child's participation in GreenPlay programs is purely voluntary, and I elect to allow him/her to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless GreenPlay from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my child's participation in summer camp activities or his/her use of GreenPlay’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of GreenPlay.
4. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damages my child may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition my child may have.
5. In the event that I file a lawsuit against GreenPlay, I agree to do so solely in the state of California, and I further agree that the substantive law of California
shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
6. I realize that any photos taken of my child during GreenPlay programs become property of GreenPlay and may be used in printed literature or marketing materials. I realize there will be no compensation for the use of said photos.
Authorization for Treatment: I hereby give permission to GreenPlay staff to provide basic first aid treatment & care to my child within the scope of their training. I also give permission to the medical personnel selected by the program director to order x-rays, routine tests, and treatment; to release any records necessary for insurance purposes; and to provide or arrange necessary related transportation for my child including transportation in private vehicles if necessary. In the event I cannot be reached in an emergency, I hereby give permission to the physician selected by the program director to secure and administer treatment, including hospitalization, for the person named above. This form may be photocopied for use on off site trips and programs.
By registering my child, I acknowledge that I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, agree to be bound by its terms & consent to my child's participation in GreenPlay's activities.